Monday, November 12, 2007

Nothing that thrilled me.

As much as I loved Roderick Townley's The Great Good Thing, The Red Thread just didn't appeal to me, even though time travel was involved.

Finally got ahold of J.D. Guilford's The Edification of Sonya Crane, about a white girl who goes to a predominately black school and passes as biracial in order to fit in. There were some other themes that made it inappropriate for middle school-- mother is addicted to drugs and there are some scenes with her supplier that really curled my hair. Too much sex. Also a lot of gratuitous language. Sigh.

Urban's A Crooked Kind of Perfect was an interesting read, but too young for my library. Girl with agoraphobic dad and high powered mom takes up the organ and works toward competing. A nice book, fun to read, but just not what I need.

Am liking Clement's Things Not Seen more than I thought I would.

1 comment:

  1. FYI, J.D. Guilford is working on getting a more teen-friendly version of Sonya Crane out there. I'll let you know when I hear more about it.

    ReplyDelete