Thursday, November 29, 2007

Douglas Rees ROCKS!

This is my favorite vampire book for many reasons. Appeals to both boys and girls, is funny, doesn't take itself too seriously, and doesn't have blood and gore. Okay, this makes it less appealing to some students, but the two copies of this we have in the library are never on the shelves. The premise is so clever-- there's a vampire magnet school, and they recruit 'regular' teens because the state requires them to have a swim team!

One of my hobbies is writing authors thank you letters, and Mr. Rees very nicely replied to me recently with the exciting news that he is working on a sequel! My students want it right now! This is one book I have recommended to several of my adult friends, who have also enjoyed it.

Since I read Lightning Time this summer, it has been checked out frequently my my boys who can't get enough war fiction.


I love the French cover (and title) of Vampire High, too. To find out more about this fun author, check out:

1 comment:

  1. I, too, love love love this book. It was one of my favs the year that it was published!

    ReplyDelete