Wednesday, June 10, 2009

The Potato Chip Puzzle by Eric Berlin

This is the sequel to The Puzzling World of Winston Breen, and although it didn't seem to make a huge difference starting the series in medias res, that might be part of why it didn't thrill me. Winston's school has the opportunity to win $50,000 if they can solve a series of puzzles, but someone is trying to stop them. A note at the beginning does state that the book can be read without the puzzles, but they are such an integral part of the book that they are hard to ignore. The writing is clever and amusing, and while I was willing to overlook unrealistic elements pertaining to school, I don't have readers who crave puzzles. If you do, this series is certainly worth looking into.

2 comments:

  1. I WON this book in his blog puzzle tour. I haven't read it yet, but it's on my (humongous) TBR pile for summer!

    ReplyDelete