Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Cybils Middle Grade Fiction Finalists!

CybilsLogo2012-Web-Large
In case you missed it yesterday, here is the list of middle grade fiction finalists. I wonder if the authors know that they were included? I tried to leave comments on blogs if the authors had them, but many didn't. Here is the shortlist that the fabulous first round panel agreed on.



Almost Home
by Joan Bauer
Viking
Nominated by: Sarah Potvin

Chomp
by Carl Hiaasen
Knopf Books for Young Readers
Nominated by: June Morgan

Fourmile
by Watt Key
Farrar, Straus & Giroux
Nominated by: DLacks

Liar & Spy
by Rebecca Stead
Wendy Lamb Books
Nominated by: Monica Edinger

The Adventures of Beanboy
by Lisa Harkrader
Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Nominated by: Kyle Kimmal,The Boy Reader

The Lions of Little Rock
by Kristin Levine
Putnam Juvenile
Nominated by: Teacher.Mother.Reader

Wonder
by R. J. Palacio
Knopf Books for Young Readers
Nominated by: Flowering Minds

 And now, I have to deal with the plumber replacing the entire line to my kitchen sink. Taking out drywall is going to be involved. So much for getting work done!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I can install drywall! I also shingle, lay tile and carpeting, pour cement, and do plumbing. No electric work though. I will fly over and we can talk books while we swing hammers (-:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! I am clearly out of the loop on the Cybils--thanks for posting this. I've read several of these, and particularly loved Fourmile!

    ReplyDelete