Friday, March 27, 2015

Guy Friday- Return to Planet Tad (Planet Tad #2)

20483076Carvell, Tim.  Return to Planet Tad (Planet Tad #2)
September 23rd 2014 by HarperCollins

Following Tad through the year of eighth grade and into high school via his blog, this covers a wide variety of funny happenings in his life. There is a spelling bee, a trip to his grandmother's wedding, and lots of other brief anecdotes interspersed with observations on random things, like Head and Shoulders shampoo or Marshmallow Peeps. Tad also tries to hold several jobs and tries out for the high school mascot position. Sequel to Planet Tad.
Strengths: It's a notebook novel published by Mad magazine. Is there anything more "guy" than that.
Weaknesses: Very little discernible plot or character development. Silly me, I find that rather integral part of a book. But then, I'm so silly that I don't require pictures in my literature.

Aha! I haven't turned into a 12-year-old boy. What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment