Monday, June 26, 2017

Midwinter ALA is in DENVER


949252Honestly, once I found that out, I could only think of making a Lenora Mattingly Weber pilgrimage!

About 30 years ago, I collected a lot of teen romance books from the 1950s and 60s. Many libraries were weeding them at the time, so they showed up everywhere. My very favorites were Beany Malone and Katie Rose, along with anything by Anne Emery and Rosamund du Jardin. There was something soothingly nostalgic about them, and I was beyond thrilled when Image Cascade Publishing started to reissue them.

Wouldn't it be marvelous to have a Lenora Mattingly Weber party in Denver? Ideally, there would be a tour of sites, but I don't know how well that would work out. Maybe just a tiny reception with someone from the Denver Public Library to speak?

It would just be so much fun to hang out with others who loved this author. I know that fans include Mitali Perkins, and there have to be others out there.

Going to Midwinter in Denver? Any interest at all in this author?

Comment below. I'm off to investigate Denver area ice cream shops that might be able to supply peppermint stick ice cream!
Ms. Yingling

3 comments:

  1. Look no further than LITTLE MAN ICE CREAM in Denver. The problem will be finding a day where they make that flavor. Their selections change daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in Denver. I'm not familiar with the series you featured and I grew up during that time period. Not sure I read romance as a teen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen-
    Want to have dinner when you are here?

    ReplyDelete