Thursday, March 06, 2014

Busy Bunny Days

18296062Britta, Teckentrup. Busy Bunny Days: In the Town, On the Farm & At the Port
February 25th 2014 by Chronicle Books 
Copy provided by the publisher

I never thought of this before, but this book is sort of like a mystery for the prekindergarten crowd. The delightfully bright and fun pictures are dense with details of people going about their business, but every page has some questions at the top, such as "What kind of boat is helping Peter Puffin? How many umbrellas are there? Where did Benny Badge take cover during the storm?"  This is a fantastic book to keep in the car for long rides or in case you end up having to spend lots of time waiting around with small children. Hours can be spent looking at the pictures and pointing out the different characters and what they are doing.

Richard Scarry's What Do People Do All Day?I know this because I spent lots of quality time with Richard Scarry's What Do People Do All Day, or something like it. I got a Richard Scarry treasury for Christmas in about 1972, and lugged it around with me when my own children were small. Busy Bunny Days reminded me very strongly of Scarry's work.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I read your blog in my reader, but for this one I made an especial point of clicking through so I could enjoy your review under your sub-title: Books for Middle School students, especially boys.

    Yes, I know. But I'm easily amused. Also, I'm currently forcing my middle school and high school boys to read along all the Cybils young readers with me :-)

    ReplyDelete