Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Fablehaven

A student (who also loaned me Leven Thumps, which I could NOT get through) loaned me Fablehaven by Brandon Mull. I was a little apprehensive, but it sucked me right in. Didn't help that it bore some resemblance to my aborted fantasy novel that no one would want to read (the world really does not need any more YA fantasy novels, unless they involve football playing werewolves, but I've said that before), but I did enjoy it. I wanted to smack the main character who insisted on going into the woods when his grandfather TOLD him bad things would happen, but the plot wouldn't have gone forward quite as nicely.

If I'm finding small things to nit pick about, I must have liked it. The web site (fablehaven.com) is cool, but not complete yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment