Thursday, August 27, 2020

Cross Country Books

Did I know that I would miss standing in a field every Saturday, tying shoes, handing out bandages, and holding people's hair back when they threw up?

Yes. I have reached the point in my life where I know that everything I love will end, probably sooner than I would like. 

I helped coach the middle school cross country team for nine years, so have avidly collected as many books on the subject as I could. If you know of any I missed, please comment!


Bell, C.D.
 Weregirl (2016)

Beverly, Jonathan. Run Strong, Stay Hungry: 9 Keys to Staying in the Race (2017)

Carroll, David. Ultra (2013)

Cerra, Kerry O’Malley. Just a Drop of Water (Just a Drop of Water (2014)

Cotler, Steve. Cheesie Mack is Running Like Crazy! (2013) 


Currinder, Michael. Running Full Tilt. (2017)


Durrant, S.E. Running on Empty (2019)


Fry, Erin. Losing It (2012)


Hart, Melissa. Daisy Woodworm Changes the World (2022)


Heldring, Thatcher. The Football Girl. (2017)

 

Knight, Phil. Shoe Dog: Young Readers' Edition (2017)


Knudsen, R.R. Zan Hagan's Marathon (1984)


Leonard, Dion. Finding Gobi: Young Reader's Edition: The True Story of One Little Dog's Big Journey (2017)

 

McClinton, Leon. Cross-Country Runner (1974)

 

Messner, Kate. The Brilliant Fall of Gianna Z. (2010)

 

Odhiambo Eucabeth A. Auma's Long Run (2017)


Singh, Simrat Jeet and Kaur, Baljinder. Fauja Singh Keeps Going: The True Story of the Oldest Person to Ever Run a Marathon  (2020)

 

Speno, Andrew P. The Great American Foot Race:Ballyhoo for the Bunion Derby! 2017

 

Swaby, Rachel and Fox, Kit. Mighty Moe: The True Story of a Thirteen-Year-Old Women's Running Revolutionary (2019)


Toor, Rachel. On the Road to Find Out (2014)

 

Van Draanen, Wendelin. The Running Dream (2011)


Vickers, Elaine. Half Moon Summer (2023)



No comments:

Post a Comment