Friday, August 07, 2009

More Irish Libraries

Killarney was my favorite place in Ireland, and their library was also one of the prettier ones. The collection for teens was a little sad, but Irish libraries have had such horrible budget cuts. It was interesting that this library charges adults E.30 per book, but children are not charged.



This is one of the Dublin Public Libraries; the other I visited was in an older building. This was in the Ilac shopping centre-- I had to stop and ask at a shop where it was. The security people actually yelled at me for taking this picture-- apparently, malls are terrorist targets. I feel so dangerous.

This is what I would love to have my library look like-- the National Library. The interior of this was lovely. There was some construction going on, so I didn't look around too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment