Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Lily B. on the Brink of Awesome

Lily B. has the freshest voice of any character I have read lately. She is perfect for middle school students, because she does what she wants to do is such a brash and forthright manner-- and suffers the consequences with such grace and humor. Had I had half of Lily's sense of self, my middle school years would have been far happier.

Lily B. first surfaced On the Brink of Cool; the second book is Lily B. on the Brink of Love, which I adored for the vocabulary list in the back. Lily is very smart-- just doesn't always think things through.

Lily B. on the Brink of Paris is the latest romp, and Lily gets into her usual trouble. I sighed with a huge amount of pleasure when I turned the last page, having saved the book for a Friday afternoon as a reward for a long week. Now, though, I want another, and I want it now! The girls in my library feel the same way. Great choice. Pink, but with attitude, which is the best kind of Pink!