Friday, February 16, 2024

Happy 18th Blogiversary

My blog is now legally an adult. 

If you're a long time reader, you know that I read as much of the middle grade realistic fiction, speculative fiction and nonfiction as I can, through digital ARC providers like Edelweiss Plus and Netgalley, before I buy them. 

I hope that it helps to have a concise review with my very carefully worded opinions about the books; I try to make the "weaknesses" as constructive as possible. While the books I adore often hit on a personal level, I am always conscious of how my students will like books. There are a lot of sports, horror, and humor fans in my population, so I read a lot of those. 

I'm happy to have reached this milestone but a little sad that blogging is rather a thing of the past, and that my reviews have a limited audience. Maybe I just need some cake.

11 comments:

  1. Congrats on reaching such an important blog milestone! It's a huge accomplishment to keep it going for so long and to read and review so many books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one enjoy your blog and hope to read it for another 18 years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:58 PM EST

    Happy 18th! Thanks again for the reviews! Enjoy some cake!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:55 PM EST

    I just found you and am excited to check out your treasure trove! As for blogging, I think many instagram accounts just a use a picture of the the book and post their post text into the comments. Boom- 2 platforms with minimal extra effort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:46 AM EST

    I enjoy your posts. The format is helpful, and I’ve found many new books from you! I hope blogging becomes more popular in the future. Instagram takes up too much time with very little content-too much scrolling required.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous2:15 PM EST

    Blogs may make a comeback! And I never miss your reviews - so grateful for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great 18 years. Keep at it. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recommend you all the time and find your reviews VERY helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:26 AM EST

    Happy 18th! I'd love for you to change your Goodreads privacy to public so I can see your bookshelves and the older books you've reviewed, with their star ratings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ms. Yingling3:01 PM EST

      I accidentally deleted almost 10,000 reviews on Goodreads a year or so ago, but everything should be here on the blog. If you send me a friend request and a note on Goodreads, I'll be glad to add you as a friend. I thought that my reviews were public, but I'll have to look into it.

      Delete
  10. Happy blogiversary! 🥳 It has been sad seeing favourite blogs disappear, but I think that makes celebrating milestones like these even more special.

    ReplyDelete