Wednesday, February 01, 2023

Blather: January Round-Up and Boys Read Pink

I got off to a good start with my January reading! Did I do any knitting? No. Did I even walk Pongo all that much? No, his knees have been bothering him and it's been cold. Hence, ALL THE BOOKS. Even if you don't believe me, you can't doubt those 108 full reviews. 

In other news, this February brings the 13th annual Boys Read Pink celebration. Full explanation in this 2016 article for School Library Journal

Given the current climate, I feel a need to reiterate that this is a completely optional activity aimed at broadening horizons and "allowing" boys who might be reluctant to pick up titles like Hale's Princess in Black or Carter's I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You. Or Ursu's Hamster Princess. 


Of course, since we started this in 2010, it means that we have been doing this for the entire life of most of my students. 

I need a happy thought today. I will try to make this my happy thought today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment