Tuesday, December 01, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday


Top Ten Tuesday was created by 
The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and was moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.

Books I Want to Read Again


This is a tough one. I rarely, rarely reread. There are just too many new books out there, and I started my blog as an auxiliary memory in case I forgot details. So we'll go with books that I might actually, in the near future, read again. 

10. Edwards, Julie. Mandy (1971)
    Is it as good as I remember? Yes, every time. I have the copy I got for Christmas in about 1975.

9. Pierce, Tamora. Alanna: The First Adventure (1983)
    It's been years since I've read this one, and readership of the series is down, so I need to re energize it. 

8. Juster, Norton. The Phantom Tollbooth (1961)
    Been a while, and I realize something new every time I read it.

7. Cleary, Beverly. The Luckiest Girl (1958)
    A comfort read. Surprised I've lasted this long during the pandemic NOT reading it. 

6. Weber, Lenora Mattingly. Don't Call Me Katie Rose (1964)
    Another comfort read. Might have to reread the entire series. 

5. Shan, Darren. Cirque du Freak (2000)
    Hugely popular series that hasn't gotten as much love lately. 

4. Carter, Ally. I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (2006)
    There have not been enough MG spy books lately. Adore this one. 

3. Orwell, George. 1984 (1948)
    I read it in 1981. Imagine it is a whole different experience now. 

2. Bradbury, Ray. Fahrenheit 451 (1953)
    Does it hold up? My daughter is reading it, so now I'm curious.

1. Horowitz, Anthony. Stormbreaker (2000)
    I watched the first episode of the Alex Rider series, but haven't watched any more because I'm enjoying anticipating watching them! 
 
Ms. Yingling

5 comments:

  1. Mandy is one of my all-time favorites, too. Do you have the small white paperback with the oval illustration on the cover?? And--how is the Alex Rider show??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No! I have the fancy hardcover! I liked the Alex Rider show a lot. It captures that... unreadable, reluctant quality that Alex has. I need to keep watching.

      Delete
  2. If you get time, find the audiobook version of The Phantom Tollbooth. It's not a substitute for reading the actual book but David Hyde Pierce's reading of it should not be missed! (and our daughter was in elementary school when we heard this, so it has been kid-tested and approved)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may have this. On CD perhaps? It sounds familiar, since my daughter really liked Frazier. Have to look for it, now!

      Delete
  3. Thinking about Cirque Du freak still gives me the shivers! I recently re-read the junior series that leads into Alannah - First Test; Page; Squire; and Lady Knight. I thoroughly enjoyed them all over again. I will give another vote for the audio of Phantom Tollbooth it is splendid.

    ReplyDelete