Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Random End of Year Thoughts

Most importantly, Motherreader's 48-Hour Reading Challenge has been announced! It will be June 8-10, which is thankfully AFTER graduation. I'm in! I look forward to this to a ridiculous extent. It's hard for me to play in the sandbox and visit other blogs, and I'm a total bust at the fund raising/social good portion of it, but it's a great way to steam through my TBR pile before the summer.

Which is fast approaching. A month from today is our teacher work day. Before then I need to add a bunch of books from our two schools that are closing, go D.C. with the 8th graders, have all the books due on May 11, run book fair, give away hundreds of paperbacks donated by Half Price Books, shelf read and possibly inventory my collection, continue to badger students who have lost or overdue books, and have the annual Flocking of the Overheads.

Whew! And that's just the stuff I can remember!

4 comments:

  1. LMK if you're taking your eighth graders to the National Gallery--would love a quick meetup! Not that taking eighth graders to DC won't be crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Flocking of the Overheads." I loved this description and mentioned it to our school librarian. She went nuts over it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! During the last six weeks of school I feel like I'm being run over by a relentless speeding driver. Hope you get some good weather here in DC; we've had off and on beautiful/horrible days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous6:03 PM EDT

    Wow, you're out so early - your post kind of made me panicky, but we have school until mid June out here! Never stops raining before 4th of July anyway, so that'll do.

    ReplyDelete