Friday, March 25, 2011

Guy Friday-- Zombie Guys

Turner, Tracy. Dreadful Fates: What a Shocking Way to Go.
I post this on Guy Friday because I suspect it's one of those books I don't get because I Am A Girl. No idea where I saw the review for this, but it arrived in my stack o' public library books right before my SSR group. I have one 8th grade boy who doesn't want to read anything. He'll browse through Sports Illustrated or a Guinness Book but would rather talk. He looked through this avidly and even asked for it the next day.

This is an odd volume of short snippets about the various odd ways people have died. I found it rather disturbing-- I could very well fall into a dishwasher and impale myself on a knife, so reading about such things didn't amuse me at all.

Oddly enough, I don't have a zombie book list posted, so here we go:

Bolger, Kevin. Zombiekins.
Brooks, Max. The Zombie Survival Guide.
Emerson, Kevin. The Vampire's Photograph.
Higson, Charlie. The Enemy and The Dead.
Holt, K.A. Brains for Lunch: A Zombie Novel in Haiku.
James, Brian. Zombie Blondes.
Jay, Stacey. My So-Called Death.
Lubar, Dave. My Rotten Life.
Maberry, Jonathan. Rot and Ruin.
McMurty, Ken. Zombie Penpal.
Selzer, Adam. I Kissed a Zombie and I Liked It.
Sleator, William. The Boy Who Couldn't Die.
Waters,Daniel. Generation Dead.

And, if this isn't enough, go to The ULTIMATE Zombie Book List for books for older readers or Kindle Geeks for a list for younger readers. I'm not going to list the zombie mash ups like Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.

Just a warning: Spring break is next week, and I intend to reread a lot of sports books and try to do some writing, so the next week may be light on new reviews. That said, I need to plow through some E-ARCs before they expire.

4 comments:

  1. What about Zombie Chasers by Steve Kloepfer? I thought it was pretty funny, and very middle school. The sequel comes out next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Dreadful Fates was hilarious and have been reading snippets to everyone I can pin down. Not sure what this says about me...perhaps that I frequently have the mentality of an eleven year old boy when it comes to reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:09 PM EDT

    I've only read Carrie Ryan, but this list looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your zombie list post and links! I think I will put up a zombie book display for the teens at my library (you know, to balance out that romantic mushy love one I did in February for Valentine's Day). Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete