Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Alfred C. Martino's Pinned

This was one very intense book about wrestling. Cutting weight, running until you puke-- wrestling in all its glory. I was riveted, however, and devastated when the ending... well, not to ruin it for the types who LIKE the lady-or-the-tiger endings, but I about screamed when the book ended at the beginning of the state champion meet. I was reading avidly to see if Bobby or Ivan won, and we never find out! Arg! Very good though. Too much sex for middle school-- Mr. Martino, put less in the next one and I'll buy it for the library!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Just found out about your review of "Pinned" -- sorry I'm a few years late on this. Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed my novel. And, just so you know, I have a new one out called, "Over The End Line."

    Best,

    Alfred C. Martino

    ReplyDelete