Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Middle Grade Books That Haven't Been Nominated for the Cybils

For a more complete list of Middle Grade Speculative Fiction, head over to Charlotte's Library. Here were just a few that I really enjoyed.

Fulk, David. Raising Rufus. 
Kessler, Liz. Has Anyone Seen Jessica Jenkins?
Margolis, Leslie. If I Were You 
Rhodes, Jewell Parker. Bayou Magic

For Middle Grade Fiction, take a look at these titles if you still need to nominate:

al Mansour, Haifaa. The Green Bicycle
Benedis-Grab, Daphne. Clementine for Christmas 
Brown, Jennifer. How Lunchbox Jones Saved Me from Robots, Traitors and Missy the Cruel.
Eyre, Lindsay. The Mean Girl Meltdown 
Greci, Paul. Surviving Bear Island 
McVoy, Terra Elan. Drive Me Crazy
Meyerhoff, Jenny. The Friendship Garden
Nickerson, Sara. The Secrets of Blueberries, Brothers, Moose & Me
Nielsen, Susin. We Are All Made of Molecules
Pearsall, Shelley. The Seventh Most Important Thing. 
Rosengren, Gayle. Cold War on Maplewood Street

In making my own list of titles to nominate, I realized that I read almost exclusively Middle Grade Fiction, with some Speculative Fiction and some Young Adult Fiction. No book apps, no poetry, few picture books and graphic novels, and just not enough nonfiction!

Also, KIDLITCON!!! Have most of my packing done, horror panel intros and questions, need to check flight, but am ready to go! Have a substitute and have drilled student helpers in What Needs to be Done. Leaving right after school on Thursday!




6 comments:

  1. Would love to see these book nominated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO glad Surviving Bear Island is now nominate. I adore this book so much! One to re-read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a wonderful time at KidLitCon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I really enjoyed If I Were You. Can anyone nominate, even a fellow author? I'd be happy to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anyone who has a blog can nominate, so go ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw Susin Neilsen at SLJ Leadership Summit, so I've delightedly nominated We Are All Made of Molecules!

    ReplyDelete