Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Armchair BEA Questions!

Armchair BEA
Well, I WAS planning on getting to BEA this year, but it just didn't happen. That's okay, there's Armchair BEA. It involves more Instagram than I care to think about, but I can at least visit other blogs and participate in some of the events. 


Tell us a bit about yourself: How long have you been blogging? Where are you from? How did you get into blogging? 
I have been blogging for almost 10 years here in Westerville, Ohio. I took a class on computers in the library, and blogging was mentioned. I was already creating my school's web site, so it seemed like a fun way to keep track of what I read. 

Why do you loving reading and blogging?
I have always loved reading because it gives me the chance to go places I will never be able to go and to live other lives. It's even better when I can share books with my students and give them the same opportunities!

What is your theme song?
The Indigo Girl's Closer to Fine. 

What does diversity mean to you?
Mitali Perkins' comment about books being either windows or mirrors always enters into this answer-- I want to be able to give my students books that represent who they are or who they might like to be. We need characters from all parts of the world, from all walks of life, and with all sorts of varied interests and backgrounds. 

If you were stranded on a deserted island, what author would you want to bring with you? Why?
Jon Scieszka. I could use the time to talk him into writing a good middle grade novel, and he would make me laugh no matter how dire the circumstances were!



7 comments:

  1. Have fun with Armchair BEA, it sounds like fun. I'm not participating this year (still have to figure out the whole Instagram thing and whether it's something for me or not). But, I'll be lurking around watching for posts and tweets from people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am attempting to become more active on Instagram, but it does not come naturally to me. I do want to attempt a book spine poem for tomorrow, though. Also, I love the Indigo Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to live in Westerville from 1998-2002. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool that you've been blogging for 10 years. It really is fun to do. I have been blogging for almost 8 years now. It's so hard to believe that I've had so much to say, lol. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm amazed that I've stuck around for 6 years, so good for you for making ten! I grew up in Cincinnati, so nice to meet another Ohio native. I've never heard Closer To Fine, but what a great song! Hope you enjoy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 10 years? Holy crap! You deserve an award. Seriously. :-)
    Happy ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Ten years blogging! Fantastic. I feel like an oldster and I've just been around seven years.

    Enjoy!

    http://readerbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/05/armchair-bea.html

    ReplyDelete