Or, in my words, UNICORNS POOPING RAINBOWS! Anything, anything but the six books full of gloom and doom that I read last night. Even Mike Lupica succumbed to the terrible plague of having a tween boy spend an entire book grieving for his deceased brother. Humor? No, it's not.
Here was the buttload of depression from last night:
- a boy grieving for his brother
- a boy with horrific bad luck who is struck by lightning
- a boy whose father is an injured and unemployed illegal immigrant AND his sister has cancer
- a family whose parents sell everything and make them live in a van because they believe a religious fanatic that the world will end
- an almost 600 page long fantasy book that... I don't even know.
Will Scholastic's offerings reflect their findings? Although this study is right, I'm rather disappointed in the small number of people they surveyed!