Friday, October 03, 2014

Kidlitcon, Here I Come!


Finally found the bus schedule for the bus from the Sacramento airport to my hotel, so things are looking up for me actually making it to Kidlitcon a week from today!

I'm a nervous traveler. I like to travel, but I also like to have a folder full of maps, schedules, and every possible contingency plan. Yes, this is clearly indicative of my lack of smart phone. No Googling stuff for me!

REALLY looking forward to meeting a variety of kid lit people that I have known for years online, but am vaguely plagued by social anxiety that I will say something completely stupid. I don't get to talk to adults frequently, so I worry.

May have packing under control. Plan on taking giant back pack with shoe compartment at bottom, but putting all my stuff in shoe compartment and packing another back pack in preparation for bringing back books. (If there are any. Heard rumors, but don't want to make assumptions.)

So! Have my sub and sub plans, have told children about my impending adventure, and am ready to get on that airplane and head out next Thursday! California, here I come!

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are kindred spirits! that's exactly how i feel about traveling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is like last year, there will be books. (And you can bring some to drop off for others!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:06 PM EDT

    I wish I was going to be there to meet you. Maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. There will be at list some books - this I can promise. I have 3 boxes from publishers in my front hall. Try to keep the social anxiety in check - I can also promise that you will find people who are thrilled to finally meet you in person. Like me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know you will have a wonderful time. Last year was my first time, and you could not meet a warmer, more welcoming bunch. I couldn't make it happen this year, so I'm sorry to miss out on the chance to meet you, but maybe Kidlitcon 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! I can't wait to meet you finally! Traveling makes me anxious, too, in spite of the fact that I've been doing it my entire life. (Both my parents were pilots, and my mom moved around a lot after my parents got divorced). My flight charges for checked bags, so I'm planning to travel with only what I can carry in my backpack. I hope I can leave room for a couple of books on the return trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Open up that Golden Gate..." (even though it's in Sacramento, not San Francisco) I really hope you have a great time. Sounds exciting. Can't wait to read your reports. And don't worry about social anxiety--most of us kdlit bloggers are middle schoolers at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous3:51 AM EDT

    When some one searches for his necessary thing, therefore
    he/she needs to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained
    over here.

    Visit my website ... Valdosta used car dealers

    ReplyDelete