Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Thanks, I Needed That.

I've never been a big Matt Damon fan, mainly because I'm not familiar with his work, but I am now.

What a nice speech, quoted in a Boston Herald Blog. Granted, his mother is an education professor, so he has a bias. I don't care what anyone's politics are, and I know that the economy is bad, but it's one thing to ask me to take a pay cut (which I would willingly do), and another to make mean spirited, ad hominem attacks like many of the politicians and tax payers are doing.

I'm not evil, I knew teaching would be hard, I'm not complaining. It's still nice to hear this kind of comment. Thanks, Mr. Damon.(Photo by AP)

"So the next time you’re feeling down, or exhausted, or unappreciated, or at the end of your rope; the next time you turn on the TV and see yourself called “overpaid;” the next time you encounter some simple-minded, punitive policy that’s been driven into your life by some corporate reformer who has literally never taught anyone anything. … Please know that there are millions of us behind you. You have an army of regular people standing right behind you, and our appreciation for what you do is so deeply felt. We love you, we thank you and we will always have your back.”"

No comments:

Post a Comment