Monday, December 20, 2010

It Just Goes OnandOnLa

Again, the disclaimer. Surly Teen Boy (aka Vid, my 15-year-old son) apparently doesn't have enough to do with his time. Hence, he is working on his third novel (a sequel to the, um, rip-roaring Mr. Mop Man) and in the spare time during which he should be doing social studies homework, he did a parody of Tony DiTerlizzi's The Search for WondLa, which I reviewed for the Cybils' award. He was intrigued by the illustrations and thought that they would make a good parody.

I'm debating suspending his Mad Magazine subscription, but this all keeps him off the street.

Checked with the author, who seems like a great guy, and he said
Tony D Says: December 20th, 2010 at 9:40 pm
"PLEASE post’em! As a fan of a good parody, I view it as a high form of flattery.

So here you go. Click on the image for a larger view.


Jennifer said...

Get him a subscription to Make: Technology On Your Time. I couldn't resist putting it in the teen magazine section and it actually checks out quite frequently! I told the kids I didn't want to know about any resultant blood, explosions, or damaged household goods though...

Post a Comment

Template: Blog Designs by Sheila | Artwork: 123RF Stock Photos