Friday, March 19, 2010

Guy Fridays

CBS News reports that boys are trailing girls in reading achievement.

Not a surprise. Could this be because boys are having trouble finding books that they like?

As readers may have noticed, I have redone this web site with a more "boy friendly" look, and will try to concentrate a little more on finding books for boys.

Would you like to help? Please take the survey by clicking the link on the right. This will let me know what sort of posts would be helpful.

3 comments:

  1. I like your new look! Very sharp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your site. I saw your comment on another blog about novel structure and boy readers where you asked for other blogs concentrating on fiction for middle grade boys. I have a website called kidsadventurebooks.com dedicated to descriptions of action-oriented books. It's not a blog, because I don't do traditional reviews. I only list books my group of boy readers liked. I'm also a writer for adventure stories for boys. My first book will be released by HarperCollins on Sept 1st. The title is in flux, but for the moment it is Danger's Edge: Wildfire at Camp David.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, indeed ! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete