Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Thank you to Harry Abrams publishing for sending me a fourth copy of this, which I apparently won in a contest I cannot remember. The three I ordered was clearly not enough. One of my library helpers, a strong reader of complex fantasy, waited while I typed the cards for this one, so the appeal is apparently universal.

Just not to me. And remember, I'm a huge fan of Captain Underpants. Just don't get these at all.

I decided, however, that in this instance, my objections to the book probably make it more popular. I refused to take reserves on this, on the basis that the entire school would want to reserve it, and that would not end well. The children who happen upon a copy serendipitously are thrilled. There are a bunch of copies in the book fair if they are really desperate.

From the Publisher: Greg Heffley recounts his daily experiences during summer vacation as he tries to live out his ultimate fantasy of spending the days indoors playing video games with no responsibilities and no rules, despite his mother's attempts to pack the summer with outdoor activities and family fun.

This is Book Fair Week. Please remind me next year NOT to do this again!

No comments:

Post a Comment