Thursday, June 05, 2008

Walden's H.I.V.E.: The Overlord Protocol

My students often accuse me of liking every book I read. I assure them that this is not true, although I do tend to buy mainly books that I like personally, since it's easier to recommend them. There are times, however, when I read books that I don't personally like but which I know students will enjoy, and I buy them.

Keep in mind that it's the end of the school year, I'm still following 50 students around because they haven't returned their books yet, and I've pulled some crucial muscle in my leg that makes me move like I'm 103. This might explain why I read these books and don't remember any of them. So, my apologies. The first is very popular with students, and they are waiting eagerly for the second to come out. If you have a middle school library and lots of students who like spy and adventure books, buy these action filled stories of Otto Malpense (do love the name) who is sent against his will to the Higher Institute of Villianous Education for 6 years and plots his escape. The H.I.V.E. web site is ultra cool, and I'd spend more time on it, but I am now going to sit in my wheeled desk chair with a roll of book tape on my lap and repair books while I'm doing inventory.

http://www.bloomsbury.com/HIVE/

No comments:

Post a Comment