Monday, February 04, 2008

Unhappy reading

Last week was full of books that don't even merit mention, since they were either wildly inappropriate for middle school or just plain bad. If there is a book that does not appear on this web site and anyone out there has any questions about it, I'll be glad to answer if I've read the title. I've also been involved in a death march through Lemony Snicket.

N.D. Wilson's 100 Cupboards sounded really promising. Henry moves in with aunt and uncle (pseudo-orphan, always good) and finds a room with the titular cupboards, through which he hears and sees various different places. Sounds cool, but I just couldn't get interested. It did seem like something my son would like (He liked The Mysterious Benedict Society and Pond Scum, whereas I did not), but even he couldn't get into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment