Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Celia Rees, Witch Child

Don't know why it took me so long to read this title-- could be that it is rarely on the shelves. I also was not entirely sure what it was about-- was it historical, or a fantasy, or something in between? Like reading Tangerine while under the impression it was a fantasy, I don't like to be confused. So, this is in fact a historical novel, following a girl who is thrown out of her home in England because her grandmother is killed for witchcraft. She ends up in a Puritan contingent and travels to the new world, only to have her powers be called into question. There is a sequel that I will read this summer, because it's not on the shelf.

Must admit that I am quickly approaching Evil Librarian End of the Year Mode: I just want all my babies back home safe and sound so that I can glue them and send the to the rebindery if needed, and then put them all on the shelves and see what volumes of series I am missing, and what gaps I have in the collection. Communing with the books is important, really. I don't do it often, but in the summer I really like to come in and look at all of the books sitting snugly on the shelves. They work hard during the school year and deserve a little rest.

Also working on massive order for the fall. I'll have my reading list all ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment