Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Time in Tortall

I am well and truly hooked on Tamora Pierce, and her work has even left me with a new criterion for Good Books-- if I pretend to be the main character when I am doing the dishes or biking to work, it must be good. I haven't done that for years, probably since middle school, when I spent a whole lot of time being Anne of Green Gables. Not all of Kel's powers were useful in conquering the dreaded overdue slips, but it made the time pass more pleasantly. I've asked a lot of students and teachers if they ever pretended to be characters in a book, or worked themselves into new adventures in the book, and seems to be fairly common.

Felt a need to devote some space to putting the books in order. I think this is right:

Song of the Lioness
Alanna: The First Adventure
In the Hand of the Goddess
The Woman who Rides Like a Man
Lioness Rampant

The Immortals
Wild Magic
Wolf Speaker
Emperor Mage
Realm of the Gods

Protector of the Small
First Test
Page
Squire
Lady Knight

Trickster's Choice (About Aly, Alanna's daughter. Reading this now.)
Trickster's Queen

Then, I think
Terrier: Beka Cooper #1
Bloodhound: Beka Cooper #2

Whew. Enjoying these, but some of them are a bit on the long side! If I were 12, this would be a fabulous thing; since I am trying to read every book in the library, it's a mixed blessing!