Thursday, March 29, 2007

Blackthorn Winter

Love the title, and Pale Phoenix was one I read a while back. Same author, Kathryn Reiss. I had been really enjoying this book about a California teen who is moved to a sleepy English village by her artist mother, but when the nasty local lady's death turns out to be murder, I thought "Whoa, I'm enjoying this because it reads like Sayers or Christie". Not sure whether the children will like it. Will try on my guinea pig children at home and put it on my list. It will probably be a good book for the girls who like books set in England, when they are forced to read mysteries.

Finished-- Ooh, a bit of a twist here, with some child neglect thrown in. Also a good chase scene at the end. Definitely buying. I enjoyed it too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment